Sunday, April 20, 2008

You want WHAT!?

Some of the people I speak to regularly will remember this. And you'll still laugh as if you've only just heard it for the first time. If you don't, I'm not making any egg tarts for you for the next 3 months.

So about a month or so ago, some random guy walks up to the counter of the fast food place I work at. He steps back and proceeds to examine our menu. Nothing new there. He asks a few questions here and there about the food and whatnot. Kind of stupid since the description of every single item is listed on the board right next to it. Figuring he might take a while, I went back to my all too important duty of folding cones. You know, for the fries. Sorry to shatter your dreams. There are no fairies that fold them.

He finally makes up his mind and signals that he's ready to order. Here is, word for word, how our conversation went.

Customer: Not too many choices for a vegetarian, eh?
Me: Sorry, buddy. It's a franchise so we don't have much of a choice there.
Customer: S'alright, no worries. Hmm... I think I'm going to go for your veggie burger trio there with the fries and the drink.
Me: No problem! Good choice, by the way. Would you like that all dressed? *starts listing off the ingredients*
Customer: Sounds good to me! Oh, do you have bacon?

Me: ...Uhh... Sure we do. Why do you ask?
Customer: Put a few slices in the burger for me, will ya?
Me: *blinks and stares at him with a confused look* I thought you were ve
getarian?
Customer: I am.
Me: ...And you want bacon in your veggie burger.

Customer: Yeap.
Me: ...Bacon. Which is meat; pork to be precise.
Customer: You got it!
Me: ...In your veggie burger.
Customer: Uh-huh.
Me: ... >_> ... *shrugs* It's your burger. *Yells out the order*

We have some kind of an understanding now. He came back again today. He looked at me and just nodded. I yelled out his order and was met by a look of confusion from my colleague. I looked at him, told him to make it and that was it. Or rather, I stared him down, told him to shut it and that was it. Then I explained after the customer left. When we finished work, I left him there waiting for his girlfriend, trying to make sense of that customer. I think I might've broken him. I feel sorry for his girlfriend. She ain't getting any of his attention tonight.

Now onto something else... Wait, let me organize my thoughts here. Okay, there we go.


So I made some egg tarts (dan tat, tan thac, whatever else you want to call it) last night. They were a success considering I made a few changes and used my family and friends as guinea pigs. I let the others try them before I bit into one. I essentially switched to brown sugar and organic milk. They looked a bit darker but they tasted just as good. Well, of course they were good. I made them.


See how good they were? That's my friend there, trying to shove ... wait, let me count them ... 1, 4, 8, 2, 5... 11 of them into her mouth all at once. I tried to warn her but she wouldn't listen. I ended up having to drive her home. Oh okay, fine. It was really late and I didn't want her going home alone. Happy? And no, no egg tarts for you! That goes for you too.

And here's an interesting conversation I had with the one and only Pauline. Don't ask. Just read. And enjoy.

Me: *shows picture of egg tarts* I made some last night. :D
Pauline: OMG! Yummmmmmmm! OMG, speaking of pastries. Did you go to the new pastry place in Chinatown? Basillic, I think.
Me: I don't remember the last time I was in Chinatown. Oh wait, I was there for a haircut last week. lol But no, I didn't go there yet.
Pauline: They have very pretty pastry. Don't know if they're good but they look pretty.
Me: ROFL Yeah, LOOKS pretty.
Pauline: And your tan thac...= le secks :P But it's true. I didn't try yet.
Me: What? Only = ? Not > ? Ah damn.
Pauline: SORRY! >
Me: So posting that. xD
Pauline: I gotta admit. I was gonna say: Jer's tan thac > IsecksI (absolute value of) :P
Me: LMAO *bows to your superiority*

Don't we have the best conversations or what? =D

Now onto something confusing and downright funny.


Think back to my other post about webmasters and their unfortunate domain names. This time, however, it's about actual companies with names that will leave you wheezing and gasping for breath. Or rather, it's about one in particular.

Where I work, there's a control panel in the back that regulates the overhead fan, exhaust and fire extinguisher. The latter is in case someone somehow ignites the food. Don't ask me how that could possibly happen. I don't even want to know.

I finally took a good look at the control panel today. And that's all I got: a good look. The moment right after that was spent laughing my head off. I don't know what goes on in these people's heads but geez... How the heck did they let this one slide by? When I finally recovered, I snapped a picture.


No, really. How the heck did this one slip by? Kudos to whoever managed to sneak this past the person who's supposed to check for these things.

Alright. That's it for me tonight.

Be careful when leaving and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

I know I'm so popular that you just HAD to quote me lol. I had a good time re-reading our convos.

As for the guy asking for bacon in his veggie burger, that's kinda ridiculous? Or maybe he was just playing stupid, ionno. Maybe you should have asked him if he wanted a beef patty.

Love the captions :D Gaylord is this super company that gets screenshotted worldwide I think.

Your tan-thac look amazing! Yumm! You should totally open your tan thac shop in C-town. I'm sure it'll be uver popular and you'll become a pimp. You gotta teach me how to make those Mr.