Saturday, April 19, 2008

Me? Design? Pfft, yeah right.

So after looking long (for about 5 minutes) and hard (searched Google Image and clicked a few pages) last night for a design for the tabletop, I have narrowed my decision down to ... *cue drum roll* ... one of Pauline's designs. =D You didn't see that coming, eh? Actually, this isn't the first time I've used something she made. During module 5, for the Carved Frame Panel project, I made a carving of one of her logos. That turned out to be awesome. Partly because she designed it but mostly because I carved it. :3

But really, Pauline has got some mad skillz! Her talent is, in my humble opinion, one of the best out there. Mind you, I haven't been privy to many others but from what I've seen so far, she's at the very top of my list. The very proof that she's so awesome rests in the fact that I'm using yet another one of her logo for my tabletop design. Oh and did I mention that she also went to the trouble (at my request) to come up with something awesomely spectacular? I -would- post the design here but I'm afraid of theft so I won't. All I'll say is that my jaw dropped when I saw it. I was in total awe and I still am. Why? First of all, because it's a totally kickass abstract landscape but she also simulated wood grain. WOOD GRAIN! Do you have any bloody idea how that blew my mind? What can I say? This chick's BEYOND awesome. And the best part? She's my good friend. *does the Carlton Dance*

Now onto the wonderful world of video games.

I was just browsing through Digg and whatnot and came across this. What is it? It's the 9 most pants-pissingly hard, disturbing and/or badass video game villains. That list is pretty damn good and my personal favorite would have to be their description of Sephiroth. C'mon, you saw that coming. What list about video game villains would ever be complete without the girly looking badass that could scorch your punk ass if you so much as think about him the wrong way?

"Sephiroth’s the epitome of the badass anime villain. He’s cold. He’s calculating. Oh, and he’s INSANE. He’s also a little too pretty, leaving that weird “he sure looks like a chick with long flowing hair” feeling as he proceeds to kill everyone and everything in sight. He burns down an entire village, slaying all of its inhabitants, stands in the fire looking right at you, smirks, and walks INTO THE FLAMES. He later proceeds to gut your character’s love interest (though personally I was kinda glad to see her go… the other chick was much hotter, as game chicks go), turning your guy into an even more whiny emo bitch than he was to begin with. You go through a minimum of 40 hours of game time to finally get this guy, and what does he do? He calls down a fucking METEOR from the other end of the solar system and drops it on your ass… repeatedly! Killing Sephiroth’s one of the most satisfying Final Fantasy moments."

Speaking of him, Pauline actually passed me a fanart that had me laughing so hard, I fell off the chair. I'm going to have to ask her to send it to me again. XD It was priceless!

Now one more thing before I head off. For everybody who has EVER played an RPG, you have an obligation to read this awesome list. It's a must. And trust me, it's all true. Even the part where you have to talk to a tree and do what it says.

Now remember: if you have any problems, go out there and find a long-haired pretty boy to beat the living daylights out of. That'll solve everything.

1 comment:

Pauline said...

I agree with Sephi being #1 of all badasses. I remember reading this sometime ago, and it kinda made my day that the insane bastard would be on top. I kinda liked Bowser too, he's one tough cookie. Not to mention that he's been kidnapping the same chick since 1984 or something. Must be hella boring.

I'm very happy to hear that you'll be using my design for your work. It's truly an honor for me to see this come to life. Thanks for trusting in my work Jer-kun...you totally kick ass. If you were only virtual and pixels, I'd nominate you as the king of badasses. Cuz you have a cutting board and some mean "toys" ^^