Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Show me sandpaper and I -will- wound you.

With that said, I am officially SICK of sanding. I spent almost the entire 6 hours at school tonight SANDING the parts we're going to be assembling for the thrice-damned lamp. Okay, maybe not thrice-damned. Only twice. Six straight hours of nothing but rubbing a piece of paper back and forth. Then again, I was working my way up the grits so that contributed to all that time. I started with 120 grit and worked my way through 150, 180 and finally 220. But I am done. Or at least, I am for the night. I suspect there will be more of that in store for me tomorrow. *breaks down and sobs uncontrollably*

So until tomorrow, please do not show me sandpaper in any form. I don't care if it's a random orbital sander, a finishing sander, a drum sander, oscillating spindle sander, belt sander or any other sanding devices. Because if you do, I -will- wound you. Severely and savagely. With a blunt and rusty spoon. With sharp dents in it.

On another note, I was informed that my copy of Jackket Knightmare has arrived! Sorry, my autographed copy of the comic has arrived. I cannot wait to read it! That is if the ev- I mean, awesome Pauline will let me have my copy. It's currently in her possession. I just have to convince her that she only really needs her own copy and not mine too. ...It would certainly be easier if I had something to distract her with. >_> Oh wait... Where's that redhead I passed on the street the other day...? Gotta track him down.

The author is a close and extremely good friend of mine. She is nothing short of amazing. Wonderful. Stupendous. Extraordinary. In reality, none of those words, nor any other words in the English language are enough to describe just how awesome she is. Amazing artist but also a very talented singer.

If you haven't already, go and order your own copy of the comic. You won't be disappointed. I promise you that. In fact, I'm so sure of myself that I'll go and clean your place from top to bottom if you're not satisfied. And no, you cannot have my contact information.

Anyway, it's been a long day for me. I need sleep. Or rather, I'll try not to fall asleep on my way up to bed.

Now be nice and don't reach for the sandpaper. *points to warning above*

2 comments:

notasparrow said...

what do you get if you combine sand and paper? =)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....me with rusted spoon wounds apparently ;p

Pauline said...

Lol Notasparrow. Indeed, what about we go hang out in a sandbox Jer? I think we can play rock/paper/sand...I mean scissors...

Awwh, there there, don't be traumatized by all that work. It's a normal part of learning: repeat something until you're totally sick of it. <3

And why do I always have to type in the stupid 6 characters inside that box with the little wheelchair icon ? I'm not mentally handicapped, if that's what they're insinuating to.