Monday, May 26, 2008

Leak? ...Oh. You're right. I -am- leaking.

Blood, that is.

On Friday, I hurt myself on the table saw. Actually, it's 4 wounds on my left hand in less than 10 minutes. How's THAT for a new record? I know, there's no need to say it. The level of awesome (retard) is mind boggling! I amaze myself sometimes.

I was trying to remove the blade since I needed to use a different one. Of course I shut the power off and turned off the breaker box. What do you take me for? An idiot? ...Oh wait, I am one. Moving on!

Whoever used the table saw before had tightened the nut on it like he was trying to strangle the damn thing. I'm sorry, buddy, but the table saw is an inanimate object. You can't kill it, much less hurt it. So as I'm struggling to loosen the nut, I feel it give a bit so I yank the wrench in the hopes of it coming loose. And it did! That's when my pinkie slammed into the table saw opening (not the blade) and left me with a nice gaping wound. I have a nice scar running from my first knuckle to the second knuckle. It's a beaut.

It hurt but it wasn't bleeding (not initially) so I didn't pay any attention to it. So I put my hand back in to unscrew the nut (that sounds so wrong) and I cut part of my palm on the blade. Whatever. I finally get the nut free (again, WRONG!) and bring it out. The edge of the pinkie finger were the nail connects to the skin? I get a cut there on the blade since my hand was balled up so the nut wouldn't fall out. (See what I did there?) Then I look at my wound and realize that I'm bleeding. Sorry, not bleeding. I was leaking at a pretty alarming rate. Therefore, I did the only logical thing: I started sucking on my finger. lol

As I turn to walk to the sink to wash hand and wound, I pass my hand over the saw blade and cut another part of my palm. BRILLIANT! 4 wounds on the same hand in less than 10 minutes. Am I amazing or am I amazing? =D

It's been 2 days now. It still !@#$%^&* hurts (thanks, FF7 Cid) and there's a nice scar. I would love to snap a photo of it and post it up but the quality on my camera phone sucks. Just use your imagination. Or I can show you. =D

Anymoo, I'm going to burn a DVD for a classmate and I'm going to head to bed.

Remember to stay away from skunks. That weird looking and bigger than average black cat you see? It's not a cat. Pray it doesn't turn around and moon you.

No comments: