Sunday, June 15, 2008

HULK SMASH!

After work yesterday, I hooked up with G, E, R and P. Heavy J was supposed to be there too but last minute obligations pulled him away. And we were all set on seeing him in a pink dress with a tiara too! I guess that'll have to wait.

The plan was for us to watch The Incredible Hulk and then head to Le Commensal for some vegetarian goodness. Since G had to leave to see his girlfriend early, we decided to switch it around and ate first. Poor R, him being a carnivore, having to eat there. He survived. Somehow. I think?

While there, they surprised me with a pre-order of Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. I've been repeatedly telling (threatening) them to not get me anything. When they pulled out the envelope, they said it was just a card. I take it out and I see the receipt for the pre-order. That was a damn slick move, you guys! Thanks bunches!

P found a nice place for a drink called La Terrasse Magnétique so that's we headed. Located on the top floor of Hôtel de la Montagne, it's got a damn nice view of the city. Kudos to P for digging up this place. E ordered himself a rum & coke while P ordered sangria for the rest of us. G, being unable to hold down his alcohol, still braved 3 glasses of it. That's when he spilled the beans on how he and his girl hooked up. So to celebrate that, R ordered a round of shots! lol I wonder how G is doing now. We walked him to the bus so he could get to his girl's place. haha

After that, we headed to Paramount (sorry, Cinéma Banque Scotia) and indulged ourselves with some popcorn while watching The Incredible Hulk. It's a good movie, much better than the Ang Lee one from several years back. Justice League movie, anyone?

Run along now. Don't disturb me as I'm trying to finish The World Ends with You. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

No comments: